RESTORING CORINTH'S DUNCAN HOUSE: A continuing update on the rehabilitation of the historic (circa 1858) home at 810 Polk St., Corinth, Mississippi, which served as headquarters to several Civil War generals.
Sunday, September 6, 2015
Sign of the Times
Currently standing on the Duncan House lot, this “project sign” shows a historical architect’s drawing of the house.
After all practical modifications are completed, our goal is to match the building’s exterior as closely as possible to the 1862 appearance as depicted here. The front windows will be very large. The rehabilitated house certainly won’t look exactly like the architectural drawing, but many of the features will be restored. For sure, the house will be high off the ground, as it was in the past. The steps leading to the portico will be interesting, as we will have several feet to rise from the sidewalk. Stay tuned!